What Are Dentures?
Dentures are on way to replace missing teeth. Patients lose or may be missing their teeth for a variety of reasons, including:
- Poor Oral Hygiene
- Periodontal (Gum Disease)
- Genetic Defects
- Diet or Medications
Dentures can restore SOME of your chewing abilities and improve the appearance of the smile that is missing teeth.
The Dentures Procedure
There are several types of dentures:
- Removable partial dentures – for patients who are missing some, but not all, of their teeth
- Fixed partial dentures (also known as permanent bridges) – are made from crowns that are fitted on your remaining natural teeth.
- Complete Dentures or full dentures are for patients who are missing all of the teeth on their upper or lower arches.
- Implant Dentures. Sometimes dentures can be stabilized if they are combined with dental implants. This increases how comfortable your denture is and also your chewing ability.
Come in today for a denture consultation at our Northeast El Paso location!